background

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

This is "the first day of the rest of my life". The picture you see is the first step of a joint project my son, Chris, and I are undertaking. Chris, this is the sort of typical, frilly, feminine type of smocking that I normally do. I am not sure that this is what you want, but I need to give you a starting point. So, you can tell me"this is good, just what I want" or "yuk, way too childish and pink!" I did it in pink cause I had this fabric and it was sitting by my machine when I got the glass piece to practice on. I have lots of other ideas, but I needed to start somewhere and get feedback from you. I am so excited to do a project with Chris. I think of him as being amazingly creative, an artist, so it makes me giddy to think that I can do something creative with him, me, the homemaker, the mom, the caregiver. Do I really feel up to this? Well I may not be"up" to it, but I am over the top excited about trying. Thank you for suggesting that we try!

No comments: