background

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Day

Today is THE DAY. Well maybe only The Day. It is not the Second Coming. It is the day I begin to become bread winner for my family. I had signed up to try an internet thing that just wasn't going to work out, that for a while I believed it to be a scam. I am not sure if it was or not, but they pulled a switch from what I was signing up for to internet selling and more of an investment. The money that they said I could earn was enough to replace my income, so I fell for it. It was not something I felt comfortable doing. So I am going to try what I know and love to do.
I love smocking and heirloom sewing. I have belonged to a smocking guild for many years. For a while I worked at Sew From The Heart, where I taught classes, as well as sold machines and all the wonderful things that go with sewing. SO...i am making Christening gowns to sell. It will start slow, but I have a bit to live on while I build my inventory and my business.
Please wish me luck. I'll keep you informed as I go along.Hopefully I'll have lots of adorable pictures to post of adorable babies in beautiful dresses. Top of the afternoon to you all.

2 comments:

ducklips said...

Mom, you are amazing! I can't wait to see your new creations.

KrisBo said...

Good luck Nana B! I am sure you will do great at this. I have passed down pretty much everything of Alexs' as a baby, but one of the five things I kept was the cute little pink dress you made for her. I can't wait to see the pictures of other little things you make.